Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thank You for Wearing Deodorant.


The last day of orientation, we hopped the school bus! to the Philadelphia Rock gym for some team building exercises and rock climbing.  
The team building exercises were a lot of fun even if I never thought I would be that physically close with my classmates.  Just when you thought you couldn't get any closer, there was another activity that required you to gather even closer.  At one point all 15 us were gathered in a circle that had to be about 3' in diameter.  
After the exercises were over, we got to the rock climbing.  After my try in high school and my severe physical inability, I figured I wouldn't get more than 5 feet off the ground.  Well once again I surprised my out-of-shape ass and climbed to the top....twice.  boo-ya touchdown.
Some of my classmates were more daring and went blindfolded.  I did not attempt such feats although I did find it quite difficult to scale the wall when I had to guide someone who was blind-folded.  The whole propelling yourself through the tough spots just really wasn't an option.
Lesson learned:  Even though you're insides are of a 300lb person, it's amazing what physical feats you can accomplish.  Maybe I'll run a marathon.  Haha just kidding.   

No comments:

Post a Comment