Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Taj Mahal Is Built of Flowers



After finding out that the Philadelphia Flower show had lots of wine tasting, I wanted to go. I didn't expect much of the flower portion and it turns out my expectations of both the wine and the flowers were wrong. The flowers were amazing. There were some amazingly creative installations which were beautiful and inspirational. The wine, while it tasted good, the set-up was less to be desired. It was like moving from isle to isle in Costco trying different samples.
The theme of the flower show was around the world. There was even a display on India. While looking at it, a lady behind me exclaims "It's just like being at the Taj Mahal!" I turned around and gave her a face like "Are you kidding me? It's nothing like that" Cause it's not. Not even close.
Jodie and I also had lunch first at Garce Trading Co. The food was so good and channel 6 was there filming as well. We were also seated by a crazy , old, one-armed veteran who told channel 6 they aren't allowed to film him without his permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment