Monday, March 8, 2010

Passenger to Jacksonville; Last name.....laura

At the butt crack of dawn, I headed to the airport to begin my yearly pilgrimage to Florida. After checking in, I had to wait for a long time for them to tag my luggage. Apparently 6am is a busy time for US Airways and is made even worse by the slow moving, inadequately staffed personnel who are in desperate need of coffee. Eventually, someone comes to take care of the long queue filled with checked-in passengers awaiting to hand-off their luggage. Being one of the last to check-in, I prayed I wasn't the last to be assisted. Luckily I wasn't as the last but instead the first as she called out "Passenger to Jacksonville; Last name....................laura."
Upon arriving in Florida, I discovered a new drinking game as Renee drove me toward the city. Drink every time you saw someone with a large sign dancing on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment