Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Dropping Out of Grad School to Join the NASCAR Circuit


One of the days during my spring break vacation was spent down in Daytona and the raceway museum and family fun center. It was filled with NASCAR history, IMAX movies, simulators, test crew pits and other random items that rednecks and NASCAR junkies would just love.
Not being a redneck or NASCAR enthusiast, I was very grateful that the place was not packed when I was there. I am sure I would have died. The trip was entertaining and I got to race in my first NASCAR race. I came in first place!!! I was a natural on the track, weaving and dodging cars, vying for position. Well not really, I stayed in front the entire race and didn't come up to anyone until I lapped them. But there was one terrifying moment when a car in front of me crashed and burned on the track. Now if only I could drive stick.....

No comments:

Post a Comment