Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bring Back the School Dance!


Saturday night, Preshal and I went to the school dance held for the incoming class. It was magical. We were instantly greeted by the principal, determined we had to be dancing, passed off to a fellow student to find people to dance with, and shoved into a crowd. It didn't matter we actually were looking for some of friends from the dorm. The dance was held outside on the school's beautiful rooftop. It was full of dancing to Indian songs which I have never heard of while an overexcited crowd goes nuts and sings along. But there were two American songs they threw in. I happily sang along while screaming "I know this song!"

Once again, being the only white person around I got asked to have my picture taken and asked to dance. I should start asking if they want my autograph as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment