Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ganesh Goes for a Swim


Final day of Ganesh celebrations. After days of parades, Ganesh idols at every corner, & lights everywhere, it has finally culminated into today. The idols are being taken down to the water and it's a long procession of all the parades that took place in the past fortnight.

Once again no video, courtesy of crap internet. Probably for the best as I am a better photographer than filmographer.

Here's the equation for today's events. Take the summation of all the weeks parades which include: dancing, music, idols and add color powder, firecrackers and a shit ton of people lining the streets= one wicked party on the way to and at the waterfront.


Side bar: If you have your key, you can still be locked out.
This is the first time, I've been locked out and had my key with me. This actually all started two days ago with my padlock getting jammed while during the unlocking process. No worries, security guard to the rescue. Today, it wouldn't even budge past go. Yup, I got a brand spanking new padlock after my other one had to be forcefully taken off with a hammer. There was a saw; but I'm glad he thought better. I didn't want bits of finger all over my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment